10. Kick out 2011 in style at EMERALD LOOP BAR & GRILL. Located in the heart of downtown, this New Year's bash includes premium open bar and premium appetizer buffet, party favors and champagne toast. 8pm-1am. $75. 216 N. Wabash. Make reservations at 312/263-0200 or 312/867-7717.
9. Ring in the New Year in style at VERTIGO SKY LOUNGE with incredible rooftop views, signature plush robes, crystallized fire pit and fur blankets. Enjoy premium open bars, live DJ entertainment, passed hors D'oeuvres, late night snacks, and a champagne toast at midnight. Open bar 9pm-1am (party goes until 3am). $105 (price to increase based on availability). 2 W. Erie. 312/202-6060.
8. If it's New Year's Eve in Chicago, veteran rockers Big Head Todd and the Monsters must be playing a party nearby; this year, the balloon drop takes them to the HOUSE OF BLUES. 8pm. $62.50. 329 N. Dearborn. 312/923-2000.
7. Each year, tens of thousands of locals and visitors alike descend upon the lakefront for prime viewing of NAVY PIER'S annual fireworks extravaganzas. Navy Pier offers up a preliminary round of fireworks at 8:15pm, then once the clock strikes midnight, the Pier will again be illuminating the night sky with more fireworks. FREE. 600 E. Grand. 312/595-PIER.
6. Countdown to new resolutions more than 1,000-feet up at The JOHN HANCOCK OBSERVATORY and enjoy the sizzle of Navy Pier's early family-friendly New Year's Eve firework spectacular at 8:15pm and midnight show. Adults $15 (12+), complimentary youth admission with each adult ticket purchased. 875 N. Michigan. 888/875-VIEW.
5. Kick out 2011 at the recently revamped LASALLE POWER CO. The night's festivities include premium bar, hors d'oeuvers, balloon drop, live digital countdown, champagne toast at midnight, and more. 9pm-midnight. $100 ($50 early bird ticket). 500 N. LaSalle. 312/661-1122.
4. Kentucky garage-punk quintet Cage the Elephant brings its live-wire energy to a New Year's Eve bash at the ARAGON BALLROOM. 8pm. $40. 1106 W. Lawrence. 773/561-9500.
3. Ring in the New Year aboard the ODYSSEY, SPIRIT OF CHICAGO, OR MYSTIC BLUE New Year's Eve Fireworks Cruises. Includes food, drinks, dancing and a fireworks display off of Navy Pier. Boarding at 8:30pm. $219.90 for Odyssey, $159.90 for Spirit of Chicago and $147.90 for Mystic Blue. 600 E. Grand. 866/273-2469.
2. Kids in tow? Jump-start your NYE festivities aboard SPIRIT OF CHICAGO. Their New Year’s Eve Family Lunch Cruise features a holiday lunch buffet, DJ entertainment, special countdown to New Year’s Eve at noon, and party favors. Sat, Dec. 31. Boards at 11am, cruises from 11:30am-1:30pm. Adults $47.90, children (age 3-12) $25.95. Departs from Navy Pier, 600 E. Grand.866/273-2469.
1. Spend New Year's Eve laughing with Chicago's hottest interactive improv experience, COMEDYSPORTZ. With suggestions and comments from the audience, the red and blue teams sing, dance, and deliver improved scenes in this no-holds-bar battle of comedy. All shows feature a countdown, party favors, and toast. Check out the early family-friendly shows at 5pm & 7pm. $22. 929 W. Belmont. 773/549-8080.